HydroCAD® Stormwater Modeling - Since 1986
Northeast Regional Climate Center Precipitation Data
The NRCC provides rainfall data for the northeastern United States, including the states of New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. Since these areas are now covered by the NOAA server, use of the NRCC site is expected to decrease.
Follow these instructions to download rainfall data from this site:
1) Open the NRCC web page www.precip.net
2) At the top of page, select "Data & Products"
3) Select the site location according to the instructions at the top of the page.
4) At the left side of the page, select "Extreme Precipitation Tables - Text/CSV"
5) At the bottom of the page, set "Smoothing" to "No"
6) Click the "Submit" button
7) When asked "Do you want to open or save this file" select "Save"
8) Set the "Save In" or "Save As" selection to your HydroCAD IDF folder or projects folder:
9) Enter a "File name" with an HCI extension, such as "ME-Knox.hci"
10) Make sure the file format (if shown) is set to "Plain Text" of "Text Document" and click "Save".
Note: The exact file save sequence and format options will vary depending on your browser.
11) Close the NRCC window.
The rainfall data is now stored in your HydroCAD IDF folder (or HydroCAD project folder), ready for use with the SCS or Rational method, as described here.
Copyright © 2015 HydroCAD Software Solutions LLC (privacy) (legal notices)